Ratan Tata Biography : Great Indian entrepreneur “Ratan Tata” born on 28th December 1937 at the period of British Bharat in Surat.
In the period of British Bharat Surat belong to Mumbai presidency. He was born in Parsi family.
Ratan Tata Biography
His image is honorable in eyes of all. He and Tata group have given a lot to the India.
Ratan Tata Contribution
- 800000 employee works as payroll in Tata group.
- Boeing and Adwells planes are made by Tata Steal.
- In India 2/3rd trains made by Tata Steal. Also bridges.
- 2000/- Rupees currency of India designed and print under the Tata Group. Even in some currency of some countries made under the Tata Group.
- TCS called as the backbone of TATA Group.
- Digital Network of 100 banks managed by TCS. More than 750 million bank accounts of SBI managed by Tata Group.
- In stock market, the digital platform managed by TATA Group.
- Telecommunication market also managed by TATA Group.
- In International live telecasting, the high speed data provided by TATA Group.
- 30% internet of 200 countries passed through the cables of TATA Group.
- In India, 13000 Kilometer transmission lines managed by the Tata Group.
- 66% shares of TATA Group named to the charitable institutes made by him.
- Only TATA GROUP have 4% GDP contribution in Indian economy.
Ratan Tata Father and Family
- The name of father of ratan tata was Naval Tata and name of his mother Soni Tata.
- The name of ratan tata’s uncle was J.R.D. Tata.
- Ratan Tata’ step mother was Simon Tata and step brother Noel Tata.
- NawajBai Tata (The wife of Ratan Ji Tata) adopted Nawal Tata (The father of Ratan Tata).
- In the year of 1940, Ratan Tata’s parents separated. After seperation, great Ratan Tata nourished by his grand mother NawajBai Tata.
- Great entrepreneur Ratan Tata likes dogs. So that, he have two pet dogs. The name of them are – Maximous and Titto.
- The school level education of ratan tata completed from Caspion School (Mumbai).
- The middle level education completed from Catheral and John Canon School (Mumbai).
- In 1962, he completed degree in Architecture from Cornell University from New York.
- In 1975, he completed advanced management program from Harvard Business School.
- In Loss Angels (California), he worked in John’s & Amon’s.
- In 1961, he started jis career working with Tata Group. Initially he worked in Tata Steals shop floor. Then, he joined other companies of Tata Group.
- He appointed as director in-charge in National Radio and Electronics Company (NELCO) in 1971.
- In 1981, he appointed as director of Tata Industries.
- JRD Tata in 1991 resigned from director post of Tata Group. Then Ratan Tata took over the command of.
- In leadership of Ratan Tata, Tata Group touched new heights. In leadership of him a public issue issued by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). Alsoin leadership of him Tata Motors listed in New York Stock Exchange.
Ratan Tata Awards
He has been honored with many important national and international awards.
|Commander of the Legion of Honor||2016||Government of France||In India ambassadress of France conferred Ratan Tata with the honor of Commander of the Legion of Honor|
|Honorary Knight Grand Cross of the Most
ExcellentOrder of the British Empire (GBE)
British high commissioner (James Bevan) honored Ratan Tata with the honor of Honorary Knight Grand Cross of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (GBE)
|Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun||2012||Government of Japan||Government of Japan gave this title to Ratan Tata for strengthening the economical relation b/w India and Japan.|
|Oslo Business For Peace Award||2010||Business for Peace Foundation||This honor gave to Ratan Tata in the field of buisinessworthy contribution to the making stability, trust, and peace.|
|Honorary Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire (KBE)||2009||Queen Elizabeth (Second)||This award given by the British Queen to the highest honorable civilians.|
|Grand Officer of the order of merit of the Italian Republic||2009||Italian Economic development minister||This award given to Ratan Tata by Italian Economic development minister (Claudio Scajola)|
|Padma Bhushan Award||2000||Government of India||
This is third highest civilian award.
|Padma Vibhushan||2000||Government of India||
This is second highest civilian award.
Ratan Tata Controversies
Ratan Tata Biography: He faced many problems during his journey to make India stronger than other countries in all terms.
- Tata Nano Car Controversy
In 2006 (18 May), Indian Industriyalist Ratan Tata publically announced to manufacturing Nano car (A small budget car) plan at Singoor (West Bengal). For comleting his mission, he needed 997 acre land. This land located among 5 villages (Gopalpur, Sigharbheri, Beraberi,. Khaserbheri, and Bajemelia) in Singoor. The numbers of land lord of this 997 acres land are more than 9000. 6000 land lords aggried for selling their land but 3000 were not.
On that period, Vaam Morcha’s government governs on West Bengal state. The chief minister (Bhdhdev Bhattacharya) of West Bengal helped to Tata. Tata group started construction for manufacturing Tata Nano car. After this he faced many political problems. Mamta Benerjee (Tranmool Congress President) helped unagreed farmers and a revolution took place against this Tata’s Mission. Result was that, Ratan Tata shifted this Nano car manufacturing mission to Gujarat.
- Neera Radia Tape Controversy
In Nira Radia tapes controversy (2010), the name of the ratan tata was appered in the Nira Radia tape scandal. She leaked the conversation tape to the press between “him and and industrialists, politicians, bureaucrats, and journalists”. So, Ratan Tata knocked the door of court. Ratan tata tell, ” This type of activity is against to right to privacy and it is violation of fundamental rights”.
Ratan Tata Biography At A Glance
|Full Name||Ratan Navel Tata|
|Date of Birth||28th December 1937|
|Profession||Industrialist, Philanthropist, Investor|
|Place of Birth||Surat in Period of British Bharat (Bombay Presidency)|
|Age (As on 2021)||84 Years Old|
|Home Town||Mumbai (India)|
|Food Type||Non Vegetarian|
Hindi old songs, Flying Jet Planes, Painting, Playing the piano, Driving, Playing With his pet dogs, Reading
|Favorite holiday station||California|